Constructed by Jesuits, Village of Carapicuíba sends to the historical past of country


The historical center of the city of Carapicuíba attracts diverse visitors interested in better knowing the past and the culture aboriginal. The space shelters one from the twelve villages established for the priest Jose de Anchieta, for 1580 return, when the religious Spaniard arrived the São Paulo.

Anchieta created villages, in return of the Monastery of Is Bento, with the purpose of catequizar the indians and keeping them protecting of the slavery. On account of its difficult access, the Village of Carapicuíba – situated the 20 kilometers of the center of São Paulo – is the only one that it was not destroyed amongst the twelve conceived by the priest. It is considered currently that its official foundation date of 12 of October of 1580.

Marked for the presence of a church, main construction of the space, the village also served in the past as shelter for indians of other places, that resisted the violent onslaught of the bandeirantes, led for the Portuguese Antonio Raposo Tavares. Being thus, the indians guaianás, that they had been the first ones to inhabit it, had offered to support the groups of aboriginals as the guarulhos and the tupis.

aldeia

Cultural space

Twenty houses made of wood the blue and white puncture and painted of surrounds the Village of Carapicuíba. Some houses are the home of families who live in the place have at least 300 years, while others had been used by the city hall of the city to install the City department of Culture and the Municipal Library Sarabaquê, where are possible to find didactic books and of literature.

Located to side of church is House of Culture, that it concentrates old images, sculptures and devices that they send to the history of the village, as postal pictures and cards. In turn, the chapel Santa Catarina Community, whose construction dates of 1736, receives priests from diverse places for the accomplishment of masses.

In the way them constructions in the village, are the central patio, where they are made use banks for rest, coconut palms and a cross directed for the chapel Santa Catarina Community.

Although the city of Carapicuíba to have if expanded with the time and to possess almost 400 a thousand inhabitants today, the people who live in the village follow passing its housing of generation for generation. The space allows the rescue of part of the history of Brazil, that involves aboriginals, Jesuits, bandeirantes and the arrival of religious missions to the country.

Tumbled for the Iphan (Institute of National the Historic site and Artistic), in 1940, the Village of Carapicuíba is an obligator stop for that they desire if to deepen a little in the Brazilian historical past more.

Comments are disabled.