Integrant one of the Cioeste (Intermunicipal Trust of the Region West Metropolitan of São Paulo), the city of Carapicuíba celebrates in this month the anniversary of 437 years of its main historic site, the Jesuítica Village. The commemorations in the city, that is part of the new Map of the Tourist Regions of the Government of the State of São Paulo, happen in this thursday (12/10) and if extend to the population.
From 9h, the bishop diocesan Dom Frei João Bosco will join the priests of the region to celebrate a mass homaging the anniversary of the village and the Day of Ours Mrs. Aparecida, also celebrated in this fifth.
It still happens, after the religious ceremony, the signature of a cooperation agreement, enters the City hall of Carapicuíba and the Santa Catarina Community, that it aims at to promote the daily opening of the church located in the Square of the Village, in commercial schedule, in order to stimulate its visitation.
After starting to integrate the relation of recommended cities as tourist destinations to be known in the State, the city now elaborates its Municipal Plan of Tourism, necessary for the attainment of the official heading of City of Interesse Tourist (MIT).
the historical center of the city of Carapicuíba shelters one from the twelve villages established for the priest Jose de Anchieta, for 1580 return, when the religious Spaniard arrived the São Paulo. The space if became a redoubt of the aboriginal past and the culture.
The priest created the villages, in the roundnesses of the Monastery of Is Bento, in order to catequizar the indians and to keep them protecting of the slavery. Situated the 20 kilometers of the center of São Paulo, the Village of Carapicuíba is the only one that it was not destroyed amongst the twelve. It is considered that its official foundation occurred in 12 of October of 1580.